Monday, February 28, 2011

Oh the joys!!!

Sick baby with influenza and pneumonia +  washer and dryer out of service for a week=


That itsy-bitsy little pile of laundry you see above is just the tail end of it.  I have to do a gazillion loads a week to keep on top of it all.  (Luckily the only part of doing laundry that I dislike is putting it away, and that's usually a chore I pawn off onto my kiddos-heehee.)  Boy oh boy is it a pain in the keister not having a working washer and dryer (especially since my little pee-body kindergartner likes to pee in her pants (as to not interupt her fun) leaving me with lots of stinky clothes to wash.  Yeah...not so fun!!  She had exhausted every pair of pants, leggings, and tights by Friday, so I had to send her to school in a holey pair of tights.  The key to keeping her from pitching a fit about it was strategically placing the hole where it could not be seen before she got on the bus-HA!!  Sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do. 

Happy to report that our lil guy is on the mend.  He voluntarily sat upright this morning (something he hasn't done in two days) and watched Toy Story.  An even better sign that he's feeling better, is that he's back to toting around his beloved Minnie Mouse.  Phew....I was starting to get a little worried!!

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up shannon louise:) I bet it drove you NUTS without a w/d!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were washer-less for almost two weeks! What a pain!!! Hope it gets fixed soon. Your laundry room however is lovely. Mine it tiny - maybe your super louise organizational skills could help me figure out how to make it more functional! AND so glad for Ian that he is feeling a bit better. So there's the last few blog posts covered! Hope that you can get back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete