Sunday, February 6, 2011

The infamous grey hair and wrinkles...

When I first discovered a grey hair amongst my luscious locks, and a wrinkle or two around my baby blues, I was so disappointed! I used to furrow my brows in dismay when I'd discover yet another grey hair had sprouted, and yet another wrinkle had appeared...out of what seemed like thin air. Though lately, I've changed my tune over the whole conundrum. After all, what do the little invaders represent? Age, yes, but with age comes experience, growth and ultimately....WISDOM! Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know I'm still a youngin' on the grown-up scale, and there's still much to be learned and much growth to come, but -- by golly -- I've earned what wrinkles and greys I've so far accumulated....therefore, I'm choosing to embrace them proudly!

Now, with all that being said, does it mean I'll never color my hair, or wear makeup again? Heck no! I'm not committing to becoming "granola mom" (and ditching the over-the-shoulder-bolder-holder while I'm at it)! I'm simply saying, at the end of the day, when the concealer wears off and the wrinkles are more prevalent, and when the hair dye starts to fade (unveiling the little grey hairs), I'm going to look at them in a different light....and keep the scowl off my face.

1 comment:

  1. After all, it's the scowling that's given us the wrinkles to begin with!

    ReplyDelete